1) Promotion Period: The Firestone Race Andretti Contest (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 12, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on June 11, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). The Sponsor’s clock is the official “timekeeper” of this Promotion.
2) Eligibility: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Promotion is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of Entry (“Entrants”). Employees of Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC (the “Sponsor”), IMS LLC, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliate companies and advertising and Promotion agencies, the management and representation of Mr. Mario Andretti, members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and persons with whom they are domiciled, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and Promotion agencies, the Promotion judges, and their respective immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3) Promotion Overview: During the Promotion Period, Entrants are invited to visit www.raceandretti.com, view any the Mario Andretti challenge videos, and then record their own video attempting to complete any number of challenges that they saw in the Mario Andretti challenge videos (1 through 4). Videos can be submitted via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, see Rule #4 for details. At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, all eligible entries will be judged by a panel of judges to determine the Grand Prize winner. A person may submit an Entry to multiple Platforms; however, he/she may not submit the same video more than once to the same platform.
4) How to Enter: You may enter the Promotion via Instagram, Twitter or Facebook (each, a “Platform”) as follows:
a.) Via Instagram/Twitter: To enter the Promotion via Instagram and/or Twitter, you must have an Instagram and/or Twitter account and have your account settings set to public and not private. An Instagram account can be opened for free by downloading the Instagram application from the Apple store or Google Play, and a compatible mobile device is required to use the Instagram application. A Twitter account can be opened for free by visiting www.twitter.com. Then, during the Promotion Period, sign into your Instagram or Twitter account and post a video of yourself attempting to complete any of the challenges (each, a “Challenge”) available at www.raceandretti.com along with the two required hashtags: #RaceAndretti and #Contest (collectively “Entry”).
b.) Via Facebook: To enter the Promotion via Facebook, you must have a Facebook account. A Facebook account can be opened for free by visiting www.facebook.com. Then during the Promotion Period, visit the official Firestone Tires Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/FirestoneTires, locate the Promotion post made by FirestoneTires and post a video of yourself (as a reply to the Promotion post) attempting to complete any of the challenges available at www.raceandretti.com (collectively “Entry”). NOTE: POSTING ELSEWHERE ON FACEBOOK, SUCH AS A VISITOR POST OR A PERSONAL TIMELINE, WILL NOT RESULT IN ENTRY.
A person can enter the Contest a maximum of 5 times per Challenge; if a person submits more than 5 Entries, only the first 5 Entries per Challenge will be judged (if eligible). A person may submit an Entry to multiple Platforms; however, he/she may not submit the same video more than once to the same Platform. Videos posted on Twitter and Instagram are subject to time length requirements as published by each respective platform. Videos posted on Facebook can be no longer than 2 minutes, 20 seconds. If a video posted on Facebook is longer than 2 minutes, 20 seconds, only the first 2 minutes, 20 seconds of the video will be judged. If a video posted on Twitter or Instagram is longer than the time length for videos corresponding to that platform, only the portion of the video complying with the applicable time length requirement will be judged. All Tweets (on Twitter) must be 140 characters or less. Entry may be disqualified if Sponsor or Administrator determine that contents of video are not truthful and accurate (i.e., do not actually depict Entrant attempting a Mario Andretti challenge); this includes but is not limited to the over-use of editing software or the like in creating video. If video was taken by someone other than yourself (i.e., not a “selfie”), you must have received permission from that person to enter such video. If your video depicts any individual other than yourself, you must have received permission from that person to enter such video. If a minor is depicted/referenced, you must be the parent or legal guardian of that minor. (For the avoidance of doubt, while video may include a person other than the Entrant, the Entrant must attempt to complete the challenge in the video.) Re-tweets, direct messages, re-grams and shares of your own or other persons’ videos will not result in Entries into the Promotion. By submitting an Entry, you acknowledge that you are 18 years of age or older (as of the date of Entry) and you have read and agree to these Official Rules. Any Entry or portion thereof that in Sponsor’s sole discretion, contains any third-party materials (other than IMS LLC or Mario Andretti related materials and/or any materials owned or licensed by Sponsor) or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person (living or deceased) or entity or makes reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand/player names, slogans, political, or religious statements), or is otherwise objectionable, will not be accepted (and, such posted content will be removed by Sponsor, subject to any approval required by the applicable platform) and may disqualify the Entrant. When creating the video, use caution as Entry will be disqualified if it results in any injury to Entrant. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or containing unsuitable material, in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be disqualified. Entry must be the original work of the Entrant (Entrant him/herself must be the person attempting the challenge); do NOT copy the work of others (in whole or in part). By entering via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, you grant the Sponsor and its designees the non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable right and license to use, edit, reformat and promote your Entry (subject only to those rights expressly retained by Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, as applicable) for promotional, advertising, commercial or other lawful purposes in any medium (whether now known or hereafter devised) in their sole discretion, without compensation of any kind or prior notice to you. You also waive any “moral rights of authors” or similar natural rights of ownership in your Entry. You further agree, upon Sponsor’s request and without compensation of any kind, to sign any additional documentation that Sponsor and its designees may require so as to perfect, effect or record the foregoing grant of rights in your Entry; this includes but is not limited to, using best efforts to assist Sponsor/Administrator, upon request and without compensation of any kind, in securing a similar grant of rights from the third party videographer, if applicable. ENTRIES REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS OF ENTRANTS, NOT THOSE OF SPONSOR. SPONSOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH REVIEWING, MODERATING OR MONITORING ENTRIES. SPONSOR WILL NOT MODIFY ENTRIES IN CONJUNCTION WITH OFFERING THE PROMOTION. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or violates any proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, sexual in nature, is otherwise objectionable (including hate speech as well as the use of alcohol or drugs including in conjunction with operation of a vehicle), depicts or glorifies illegal conduct or violent behavior or disparages Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC, IMS LLC or Mr. Mario Andretti will disqualify the Entry as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image (as well as the image of IMS LLC and Mr. Mario Andretti) and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entry will also be disqualified if determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion as not relevant to any of the challenges. If you enter using your web-enabled mobile device, standard data rates may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details. Wireless service may not be available in all areas. This Promotion and the awarding of the Grand Prize is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC and not to Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. The information you provide will only be used in connection with this Promotion or in connection with promotional or other activities of Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Receipt of Entries may be acknowledged, but such acknowledgment is not binding upon Sponsor or Administrator. The re-posting of Entry (and, in the case of Facebook, the maintenance of Entry on the Firestone Tires page) by Sponsor does not constitute any representation of eligibility or notification of selection of Entry as the Grand Prize winner in the Promotion.
Use of computer programs and other automatic means to participate is prohibited. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. The use of script, macro or automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate or subvert any aspect of participation) to enter is prohibited. If Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that an Entrant has used an automated or similar device to enter or is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, all Entries received by that Entrant will be void. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service provider may apply.
5) Judging to Determine the Grand Prize Winner: All eligible Entries submitted will be judged by a panel of judges, on or about June 14, 2017 to determine the Grand Prize winner (subject to verification) based on the following judging criteria: Appropriateness of Video to Promotion Theme/Challenge (25%); Representation of Firestone Brand (25%); Originality and Creativity (25%); Overall Quality (25%). In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based solely on Representation of Firestone Brand. (For the avoidance of doubt, the amount of time it takes an Entrant to complete a challenge, including whether or not an Entrant is able to do so faster than Mr. Mario Andretti, will not be taken into account in the determination of the Grand Prize winner.) Decisions of Judges/Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
6) Grand Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
Grand Prize (1) One: Mario Andretti will follow/friend the winner on winner’s choice of the following social media platforms: Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Winner will also receive a selection of IndyCar and/or Mario Andretti merchandise (specific merchandise items to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). The ARV of the Grand Prize is $200; there is no retail value associated with social media follow portion of the prize.
Prize Restrictions: Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Social media follow portion of prize does not guarantee any form of engagement between Mario Andretti and the winner (e.g., likes, replies, comments, etc.); Mr. Andretti may engage with winner to the extent that he wishes and perhaps not at all (as determined in his sole discretion), with Sponsor, IMS LLC, Administrator and Mario Andretti’s management and representation having no liability under any legal theory relative to same. Winner is solely responsible for applicable federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with this prize not specified herein as being awarded. No transfer, resale, substitution or cash equivalent permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the merchandise component of the prize with one of comparable or greater value should the merchandise component of the prize become unavailable for any reason. Sponsor, IMS LLC, Mario Andretti’s management and representation and Mr. Mario Andretti shall not have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with the prize provided pursuant to the Promotion and/or any person’s participation in the Promotion. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor its agencies, IMS LLC and/or Mario Andretti’s management and representation to use winner’s name, Entry, comments and/or likeness and video(s) for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law; and, winner agrees to confirm such permission in writing at Sponsor’s request (or at the request of IMS LLC and/or Mario Andretti’s management and representation, as applicable) without further compensation. In the event the Grand Prize winner engages in social media behavior that (as determined by Sponsor, IMS LLC, Mario Andretti’s management and representation or Mr. Mario Andretti, in the sole discretion of any party) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person (including but not limited to Mr. Andretti himself), Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the social media follow portion of the prize, in whole or in part, with no further compensation or liability of any kind to the winner. And, in such event, Sponsor, IMS LLC, Mario Andretti’s management and representation and/or Mr. Mario Andretti each reserve the right to pursue all available forms of remedy and relief against the Grand Prize winner, including criminal prosecution. In addition, should Mr. Mario Andretti determine that he no longer wishes to follow Grand Prize winner on social media for ANY reason (or no reason whatsoever) at any time, Mr. Mario Andretti may cease doing so in his sole discretion; and, in such event, winner will not receive any compensation nor will Sponsor, IMS LLC, Mario Andretti’s management and representation and/or Mr. Mario Andretti have any liability of any kind to the winner. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
7) Winner Notification/Verification: If potential Grand Prize winner entered via Instagram and follows @FirestoneTires or if potential Grand Prize winner entered via Twitter and follows @FirestoneTires, he/she will be notified via a Direct Message on Instagram/Twitter by Sponsor (or Administrator on Sponsor’s behalf) within one to two business days following the judging and will be asked to privately provide his/her contact information to the Sponsor/Administrator including email address so that a Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form and a Publicity Release/Assignment of Rights (where lawful) (“Prize Documents”) can be sent to the Potential winner. Potential Grand Prize winner who entered via Instagram and does not follow @FirestoneTires will also be notified via a Direct Message as described above. If potential Grand Prize winner does not follow @FirestoneTires on Twitter, Sponsor will reply to potential winner’s tweet with his/her Entry that he/she must follow @FirestoneTires on Twitter within 48 hours to receive a Direct Message so that Prize Documents can be sent to Potential winner. If potential winner does not follow @FirestoneTires (on Twitter) by the time instructed and/or does not send an email to the email address indicated in the Direct Message (on Instagram or Twitter, as the case may be) within 48 hours, an alternate winner may be selected and notified as set forth herein. Potential Grand Prize winner who entered via Facebook will be notified via a comment on the Sponsor’s Facebook page and will be asked to send a private message back to the Sponsor/Administrator that includes personal contact information so that the Prize Documents can be sent to the Potential winner. Potential winner will have forty-eight (48) hours from the time the Direct Message or comment is posted to reply (subject to additional deadlines set forth above if potential winner does not follow @FirestoneTires on Twitter). Sponsor and Administrator assume no responsibility for undeliverable prize notification for any reason. Potential winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to electronically sign and return Prize Documents via email within four (4) days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. A winning Entry will not be declared until verification of eligibility of the Entrant as well as verification of compliance with these Official Rules. If winner is a minor in the state he/she resides in, his/her parent/legal guardian must execute the Prize Documents on winner’s behalf. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate winner may be selected. Potential winner is subject to verification by Sponsor or Administrator, and verification of potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. All Entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor. In no event will the Sponsor be obligated to award more than one Grand Prize. The Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to Entrant’s or to any other person’s computer or web-enabled device relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Promotion.
8) General Rules: By participating in the Promotion, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, the judging panel and Sponsor which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Promotion. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. The Sponsor and its agencies and Administrator are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete (e.g., Entries which do not include a video and/or Instagram/Twitter Entries that omit the required hashtags), inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Promotion or for any liability for damage to any computer system or web-enabled device resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Promotion. In the event of a dispute as to ownership of any Entry, the authorized account holder associated with the Twitter/Instagram/Facebook account used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant and such individual must be the person attempting the challenge in the Entry video. Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the account associated with the Entry. Proof of posting content on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor and/or its Administrator (as identified in these Official Rules) are not responsible for the failure of any Entry to be received or recorded by Sponsor/Administrator on account of technical problems, filtering or other operation of the functionality of a Platform, or congestion on the internet or at any website/Platform. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Promotion; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s/Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion and determine the Grand Prize winner from among all eligible Entries received prior to Sponsor’s action based on the same judging criteria listed above. By participating in the Promotion and/or accepting prize, the Entrant agrees to hold Sponsor, Administrator, IMS LLC, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Promotion agencies, the management and representation of Mr. Mario Andretti, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, as well as Mr. Mario Andretti personally (collectively, “Releasees”), harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use or misuse of prize or participation in the Promotion and the Releasees will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by Entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property damages sustained, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or participation in the Promotion or participation in any Promotion or related activity. By participating in the Promotion, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
9) Governing Law & Venue: Any and all disputes relating to the running of the Promotion will be resolved in the appropriate courts in the county of Davidson, state of Tennessee exclusively, and subject to the internal, substantive laws of the state of Tennessee. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, Entrants agree to the personal jurisdiction of such courts; waive any right of change of venue, forum non conveniens or like right; agree to bring any action regarding the Promotion individually (not as part of a class action); and agree that their recovery shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in the Promotion (if any) and waive any and all damages (including but not limited to compensatory, punitive, consequential or incidental damages) as well as any right to attorneys’ fees. With respect to disputes, should there be any conflict between the laws of Tennessee and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the state of Tennessee.
10) Grand Prize Winner: For the name of the winner, available after June 30, 2017 for a period of at least 30 days, visit www.facebook.com/FirestoneTires.
11) Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC, 535 Marriott Drive, Nashville, TN 37214. The Administrator of this Promotion is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
Trademarks of Brickyard Trademarks, Inc. are used with permission.